Friday, November 22, 2013

Be still.

I have a wandering heart. A traveling soul. A nomadic spirit.
I wasn't meant to stay in one place.


But when God says "be still," you can bet that's exactly what I'll do.
Psalm 37:7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!

Thailand is calling my name. The poor and helpless in India need me. The children of Nepal starving for more than just food, starving for God's love need to hear what I have to say!
But God says be still.
Psalm 131:2 But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.

My wandering heart, my traveling soul, my nomadic spirit has been calmed and quieted. I know that God has a greater plan than anything I could have imagined. Sure, it sounds great that I would pack my life into a 50 pound backpack and set off across the world to share His story. But He has something even better. Something so incredible I could never have thought it up or figured it out myself. My flesh, no matter that I'm saved, redeemed, or converted, is still sinful flesh. It is still imperfect. It cannot know the incredible ways of our Savior. It cannot compare to the plans He has for us.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Psalm 62:5 For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him

So when He says be still I will trust Him and be still. I will wait patiently. I will quiet my traveling soul.
I will wait on Him.


Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!
Be still. Check. Know that I am God. Check. I will be exalted among the nations. ..I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted in the earth. 

He will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment