Sunday, September 22, 2013

Let It Go

Life is incredibly strange. Actually, let me rephrase that.. God's plan for our lives is incredibly awesome. It's just mind blowing! Just as you think life couldn't get worse, he connects the dots to paint a picture you couldn't have dreamed. Or he gives you a taste of what's in store. It takes my breath away every time I see His hand working. But the catch is faith. We must trust in Him.. have faith that he'll come through in the end, even when things don't quite make sense to us.

So this morning I was on time for once. I was visiting a new church, alone, so I stopped by Starbucks for my daily salted caramel mocha. Nothing gives a girl more confidence than a leopard scarf, a hot pair of shoes and a mocha in her hand. So I'm feeling good, right?

I don't know if I've mentioned this but I have a small strain of social anxiety. Call it low self esteem, whatever. So I'm nervous. Feeling cute, on time, but a little nervous - remember I'm ALONE. And I take a seat in the back, music is amazing, the worship time was moving. I noticed an old friend of mine sitting a few rows up and we reconnected and made plans to have lunch to catch up soon. So that was all God. How incredible. I knew it was His plan for me to come this morning alone. I'd have been satisfied in being there alone just because of that little treat. But God had more.

When I return to my seat I see my $5 mocha all over the floor. Awesome. Back to Heidi-reality. But I choose to let it go, clear my mind and open up for the message. And the message is on Ruth. Didn't I mention that I've been studying Ruth?? I've been searching for my story in Ruth and learning so much from her life. How AMAZING!?!?! I almost laughed out loud at the irony. What a sense of humor God has sometimes.

Is it just me or could this not have been planned more perfectly? I run into this amazing girl I know God has brought back into my life for a reason and the sermon is on Ruth! It's like everything that happened today was tailored for me! And to think I came in nervous or not sure of myself. God has a plan. What the heck am I nervous about? What am I questioning? Why don't I just walk around day to day with the confidence that He's got my back? It's true! Sounds cheesy but so true!

So if I have any inspiration for you today, it's to trust God. He's got a plan. My life seemed to be in somewhat of shambles (compared to where I want it to be). That guy I was chasing just dipped out. My job ideas didn't pan out. My grades aren't where I'd like them. I missed class Thursday. And on top of things, I'm flat broke... But He has something better. If I'd let go of my life and hand it over EVERY DAY, He could do something amazing with it. The problem is that I just won't let go. Or I forget to give it back every day. It's a daily thing. Not once, not twice, not every now and then. DAILY.


Ruth 1:21 says "I went away full, and the Lord has brought me back empty." (ESV) This is Naomi speaking to the people in Bethlehem upon her return to the city with Ruth. What so many people miss here is the fact that she says THE LORD has brought me back... So maybe she's complaining a little bit - she's human. But she is clearly trusting that God is working in her life. She can at least see that HE is the one moving her - whether she likes it or not. Why can't we see that even in our tragedy, our low times, He's under control. He's got a plan. He's at work. He will make everything come together for good IF WE LET GO AND ALLOW HIM TO.

Don't hold onto your life. He gave His life to save yours. It doesn't belong to you anymore. He paid the price. If you're a child of God you owe it to Him. Make a choice every day to give it back to Him and to use it to serve Him and do His will. You will be amazed at the incredible "coincidences" he will bring you throughout life.

No comments:

Post a Comment