Saturday, September 21, 2013

Introduction

So I'm new to blogging. I am new to most everything going on in my current life so this should be no different.

To get you up to speed: I graduated high school in 2009 as the valedictorian. Plenty going for me, ambition, scholarships, yadda yadda.
Senior Homecoming 2009 - Me and my dad

I attended Samford University in Birmingham, AL, returned home the next semester to attend Georgia Perimeter, quickly tired of that small school and started in Fall 2010 at Georgia State University majoring in Economics. What I'll do with that, I don't know. Most people who major in Economics are incredibly business-minded, focused, profit-driven, etc. Me... not so much. I would be great at all that, but I've learned its not my passion. It doesn't move me. So I am still in college, finishing out a boring, useless (in my opinion) major to get the degree bragging rights.


December 2013 graduation in the Georgia Dome here I come!


So I was in a five year relationship that didn't last. There are more than a lifetime of things to blog about regarding that situation but that is not why I started this blog. In fact, I don't plan to bring up that past in much of my current writings. If it is relevant to the future, then it will be mentioned, otherwise, I live in the present, which is what I'm here to blog about.

So I recently discovered this past summer that I have a passion for helping teens. I had always viewed myself as an elementary teacher-type, which I still don't rule out, but I've discovered a new direction. Where God may take me as a result of this, we will have to find out.
Group of girls I was a counselor to on the "Spunky Monkeys" team at Summer Camp

Oh, and another thing.. I'm a Christian. I love God, I strive to serve God and live for Him. No questions asked. Should have mentioned that one first. Much of what I write will revolve around those facts. Serving God + helping teens = life passion. Or maybe he'll turn it into something else.. who knows? This life can be crazy,bizarre, and unpredictable so you never know! I am just crazy excited to let go and allow God to work in my life and to see what plans he has in store for me!

Well, I've been recreating life as I know it since the dramatic break up in March. My life wasn't much of my own back then, due to my own failures, but I'm changing that fact. I'm taking back my life, giving it over to God, and trusting the outcome to be beyond what I could have put together myself. In the meantime, I distract myself with random, yet interesting projects to provide myself entertainment. My current projects: starting this blog, finishing my last semester in college, and redecorating my room.

The blog things seems fun and promising. Hopefully I can keep up with it. The room redecorating will be adventure upon adventure. One of my closest friends, April, has offered help in thrifting and repurposing with me. I am still sketching out the theme I'm wanting but I can already see what an adventure this will be. Pinterest will be hot on my phone for the next few months!

As for finishing school.. oh, it will get finished. Whether or not I finish with my dignity intact is the question. I have recently caught this horrible case of "senioritis" and can't seem to focus or.... care, really. I know, it's bad. I don't condone my own actions. I'm trying, I really am. It is just so much more of a struggle than I'd imagined. Especially since this is only my 2nd semester going to school alone. Wahh wahh, I know. It's just different.. it's a change. But then, so is everything else!

And my job.. well I kinda work odd jobs and part time for a camp my family started a few years ago. The pay is a decrease from my old job as an office engineer/administrative assistant/sales prep, and the hours are less too, but I'm surviving... sort of. I clean houses, I sell things on Ebay, I babysit. Whatever I can do to earn a little extra cash while working part time from home. This is all new to me too of course. I quit my last job in June so I could volunteer full time at my family's summer camp. What an amazing, life-changing experience that was!

But I suppose that's enough for today. I'll keep you updated with more posts about how things are going and hopefully to share some Godly wisdom and advice along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment