Sunday, October 19, 2014

God first, and why.

If there is anything I want to leave with you in my writings, it's that God deserves and demands us to live a God first life. God should be the absolute center and core of our being.
But before you can desire to live this way, you have to truly understand why. You have to honestly see who and what you are without God before you can fully appreciate and understand and accept and want a life that is sold out and God-centered.

What does the Bible say about people apart from God?
Romans 7:24 - Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,

But God made a way:
Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

If I try to live my life without Him:
John 15:5 - I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
Romans 8:8 - Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Know this: without God, you can do NOTHING.

But there's hope...
Philippians 4:13 - I can do ALL THINGS through Him who strengthens me.

So that's pretty basic, right? We are wretched, helpless sinners. God sacrificed His son to save our lives. If we accept that, and accept who we are, and accept His gift of life, we can live forever forgiven in Him. 
But you can do nothing without Him and all things (even what seems impossible) through Him.

Here's the catch: through HIM. Not through you. Not through church. Not through your friends, your family, your pastor, or your dreams. You can do nothing apart from God. Remember that.

Now that we've covered the basics, you should have a better understanding of why we need God. I mean, I shouldn't have to explain to you why you need God, because you know you better than anyone else knows you. Only you know what you do when no one else is around, when you're alone on the internet at night, or when you're out with friends who don't exactly live for God, or when you're on that date. Only you truly know what you're capable of and the deepest, darkest, nastiest parts of your heart and life. Only you.. and God.

And since you know who you are, and you know who you are apart from God, and if you've accepted His gift of life and want to spend forever in Heaven with Him, somewhere deep inside you should be a part of you that wants to please Him and live for Him. Even if it's kind of far down there, kinda quiet, kinda hidden and pushed away right now, you should feel it down there.

My advice to you is to start looking for Jesus. Start praying (talking to Him like He's a friend), start reading your Bible, or even just googling verses for what is applicable to your life right in this moment. No matter how you do it, if you're ACTIVELY looking for Him, He'll show himself to you. And when He does, it will change your life. It will change your outlook and your desires and how you choose to live. It will give you a peace and happiness that won't go away just because your circumstances are less than ideal. It will give you a love for His people and a passion to give them this joy and hope you have.

I promise you, that if you're a Christian, and you're looking for God every day, every moment, you will become so happy and so burdened to reach others than the small stuff won't matter anymore. Even the big stuff will look less worrisome because your priorities and your focus will fall into place. You'll fully understand and believe that nothing else in this life matters except living for God, praising and loving Him, giving Him glory and spreading what He's given you to everyone you possibly can.

Knowing God will change you. Try it.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Galatians 2:20 - I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Proverbs 16:3 - Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.

He must increase, but I must decrease. John 3:30

No comments:

Post a Comment